FNS issued eight child nutrition programs off-site monitoring fact sheets to assist states and sponsors in conducting off-site monitoring of child nutrition programs during the pandemic. These documents include a fact sheet that has background information on all programs, as well as separate facts sheets for state and local operators for each program.
The fact sheets reiterate that unless a flexibility has been provided through an individual waiver (the state oversight waiver and plan), state agencies and local operators must continue to monitor program operations in line with regulations but may review off-site (e.g., through a desk audit) this year. FNS issued these fact sheets in order to provide best practices for monitoring activities as monitoring processes may need to be adapted. The contents of these documents do not have the force and effect of law and are not meant to bind the public in any way. These documents are intended only to provide clarity regarding existing monitoring requirements.
- Monitoring of the Child Nutrition Programs During the Novel Coronavirus Public Health Emergency Issued November 2020
- Sponsor Monitoring of the Summer Food Service Program FY 2021
- State Agency Monitoring of the Summer Food Service Program FY 2021
- State Agency Monitoring of the School Meal Programs SY 2020-21
- State Agency Monitoring of the School Meal Programs SY 2020-21-Addendum
- School Food Authority Monitoring of the School Meal Programs SY 2020-21
- State Agency Monitoring of the Child and Adult Care Food Program FY 2021
- Sponsoring Organization Monitoring of the Child and Adult Care Food Program FY 2021